So yeah the best way to buy a pair of sunnies is to try on a whole lot but after a lot of research I have noticed the subtle differences between each frame and thought I would share it with you.
The Aviator is a classic frame that was first introduced in 1936 in the US Army just before WW2, from then the iconic frame has stood the test of time and has represented bad boys and girls alike. I just can’t help but love a rugged man in a pair like Marlon Brando or Hugh Jackman.
There are a few styles that filter from this design, like the Outdoorsman with the typically ivory bone on top by the eyebrow. I find that not everyone can pull this off as it gives a mean sort of look by emphasising the eyebrows.
The Clubmaster is a mix between an Aviator and Wayfarer with it’s plastic top half and metal rimmed dropped cheekbones part, I find this type looks really good on a groomed man for a stylish yet educated look.
When I think of the Wayfarer the first thing I think of is Tom Cruise in his socks, shirt and a black pair of Wayfarers, a classic moment in the 80′s film Risky Business. However, the Wayfarers has exploded in the market the past 5 years that you can now get great patterns or even those RayBan bendable pairs.
The rise of the iconic shape has taken it through a redesign which RayBan has dubbed the ‘New Wayfarer” It is a slimmer rim version with the same thick side temples.
Now if there are sunglasses frames I cannot leave there are these two round pairs, we even call the frames after historic people, it’s so become iconic to their look. The Jackie O is an oversized round frame that gives every woman a sort of bitch look with a chic strut and fab hair to match, even though Jackie O was not seen as a meany I think it was her poofy hair that made her whole look completely different and so desirable.
Teashades are more commonly known as the John Lennon Sunglasses, even though many celebs were iconically seen with them, I find that no matter what generation John Lennon just seems to pull it off more memorably than lets say Ozzi Osbourne or Lara Croft.
My favourite pair is the Cat Eye frame that represents an era where women were ladies and men wore suits, it just emphasises the cheek bones of the lady and raised the eyebrows for a more feminine look.
The Butterfly shape is rounded on the bottom but in sharper on the upper edges almost like butterfly wings, Giovanna Battaglia is known for donning her Tom Ford ‘Nico” Sunglasses, making them a trendy shape for the summer season.
Lastly the Shield is a glamorous looking pair of sunglasses that reminds me of J-Lo in the early 2000′s, this style is not everyone’s cup of tea but it just has that ‘bling’ attachment to it that it has become a classic.
Image Credits: Sunglasshut, Rayban and StyleSociety
You might also like...
- PREVAGE | Anti-aging + Intensive Repair Daily Serum Anti Aging Skincare
- Haute Tune | Lykke Li – I Follow Rivers (The Magician Remix) Cafe Couture
- PREVAGE | Clinical Lash + Brown Enhancing Serum Anti Aging Skincare
- Street Chic | Celine Chunky Gold ID Necklace Editor's Picks
- Haute Nail Trends | Pointy Stiletto Nails Beauty Blog
- Protected: StyleHunt | WIN a R1000 TOPSHOP Fashion Voucher Fashion Blog
- Protected: StyleHunt | WIN a GlamPalm Hair Styler worth R1899 Beauty Blog
- Latest Trend | Fashion Warrior in Knee High Gladiators Editor's Picks
- WIN | OptiPhi Facial Cleanser + Protect The Canvas Suncreen Beauty Blog
- CLICK NOW TO HUNT | StyleHunt Fashion
- "I miss my mama face" Instagram
- Nice surprise to come home to… My @StyleSocietySA Pop up feature in the latest Women&Home mag Instagram
- Wow that flight took forever but at least I had comfort and quality sound… Instagram
- Loving my new babies #ChristianLouboutin #Pigalle #PigalleSpikes #Ootd Instagram
- True Story!! Instagram