So continuing with the pumping fitness energy we have going, I thought I would share a Perfect Fit blog post for all you runners preparing for the Two Oceans in March 2013. Some tips are for beginners and some for intermediate but I hope each of you takes away a little something new to share.
Firstly find out what type of foot you have, do you have a flat foot, high arch or a pretty average foot, you know the kind that leaves perfect footprints in the beach sand and not blotches like my flat feet. The video above explains a little more about the technicalities but I found a few blogs with more information so you can walk into a store with an idea of what kind of running shoe you would need.
” If you have high-arched feet (supinate or underpronate), you need to look for flexible running shoes with a soft midsole that absorbs shock. When buying running shoes, look for options with the words “flexible” or “cushioned” included in their descriptions.
If you have normal-arch feet (neutral), you can choose from a wide variety of running shoes, including ones made for neutral runners or those with slightly flat-footed or high-arched feet. Don’t pick running shoes that have a lot of stability or motion control.
If you have flat feet (overpronator), you will probably need a running shoe that maintains your stability. Look for the words “motion control” and “stability” on the box of running shoes you are considering. ”
Now that you have your shoes and you’ve had a few runs in them, does it feel that it’s a little tight or slipping off the foot or even grosser; that your big toenail is turning black, well you can prevent this by changing the way you lace up your shoes.
I found this amazing blog all about this lady’s running adventures and she shares more techniques in detail on her blog HERE
For more diet & fitness blog posts relevant to living in this beautiful city of Cape Town, Click HERE
Image Source: katierunsthis.com
Video Source: About.com
You might also like...
- PREVAGE | Anti-aging + Intensive Repair Daily Serum Anti Aging Skincare
- Haute Tune | Lykke Li – I Follow Rivers (The Magician Remix) Cafe Couture
- PREVAGE | Clinical Lash + Brown Enhancing Serum Anti Aging Skincare
- Street Chic | Celine Chunky Gold ID Necklace Editor's Picks
- Haute Nail Trends | Pointy Stiletto Nails Beauty Blog
- Protected: StyleHunt | WIN a R1000 TOPSHOP Fashion Voucher Fashion Blog
- Protected: StyleHunt | WIN a GlamPalm Hair Styler worth R1899 Beauty Blog
- Latest Trend | Fashion Warrior in Knee High Gladiators Editor's Picks
- WIN | OptiPhi Facial Cleanser + Protect The Canvas Suncreen Beauty Blog
- CLICK NOW TO HUNT | StyleHunt Fashion
- Minnetonka Street Style Inspiration Fashion
- "I miss my mama face" Instagram
- Nice surprise to come home to… My @StyleSocietySA Pop up feature in the latest Women&Home mag Instagram
- Wow that flight took forever but at least I had comfort and quality sound… Instagram
- Loving my new babies #ChristianLouboutin #Pigalle #PigalleSpikes #Ootd Instagram