It is the month of Love and Red Roses and being the self-confessed perfume addict that I am, I thought I should share some of my favourite Summer Fragrances with you especially for your Valentines Hint List. The word “addict” should tell you that there is never one but too many favourites in my vanity but I will best try to delight every perfume lover by listing only 10 of my favourites for the moment – old and new.
I try to avoid info overload and lengthy blogposts, so here are my Top 5 fragrances that I’ve personally purchased and loved. I will list my other Top 5 fragrances that I have been given to review in a separate “tried, tested and loved” blog post. Hope you enjoy!
1. Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 Eau de Toilette
My all time favourite since 2011, Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules is the first of its kind to pay homage to the not so sexy sounding Iso E Super. You may know it as a sweet sandalwood, cedar-like smell, a base note prevalent in many legendary perfumes, and it finally gets to shine all on its own. The velvety woody note is highly sensitive to body chemistry and twists and turns as it evolves, enticing the wearer with an almost pheromone-like fascination. The science of scent is finally on display and is sure to delight those woody fragrance aficionados who love to venture forth and discover something devastatingly unique. There’s nothing like it in the world.
Available only from luckyscent.com, 100ml retails for $190.00 (Approx R1750.00 excluding shipping and custom taxes)
2. Guerlain Insolence Eau de Parfum
I fell in love with Insolence Eau de Parfum by Guerlain while on holiday last year and managed to get one at Duty Free in Hong Kong. Insolence Eau de Parfum is a gorgeous sexy fragrance. Fruity, floral surprising, audacious, feminine, a sensual philter, Insolence takes you straight to the heart of the perfume. This fruity floral fragrance blends carnal notes of violet with the smooth luxury of iris to form a sulfurous and voluptuous duo. This is a new, radiant and high-voltage violet, a triumphant violet that registers at the opposite end of the spectrum from the shy whisper usually used to treat this flower in half-shades and shadows. It’s a transfiguration, a discovery, a totally new and yet familiar flower that bursts forth from the start.
Retail Price : 50ml – R 1050.00 and 100ml – R 1490.00
3. Elie Saab Le Parfum Eau de Parfum
Also a winner, even though I am listing Elie Saab Le Parfum edp at number three, this fragrance is timeless, radiant, voluptuous and oh-so-addictive. I get so many compliments every time I use this fragrance. The top note opens on a sun-kissed, radiant orange blossom, as an ode to light. The middle note develops into a jasmine absolute, a legendary flower in perfumery, imparting voluptuousness and elegance to the fragrance. It combines with a pure, modern patchouli heart. The base note unfolds into a cedar woody accord adding character and a lingering trail, while the honey rose envelops the composition in a beautifully addictive note…
Retail Price : 50ml – R 980.00 and 90ml – R 1180.00
4. Valentino Valentina Eau de Parfum
This one is very addictive and enticing. Valentina by Valentino is a daring and addictive fragrance, inspired by the elegance and opulence of an Italian heiress; a true feminine classic twisted with the pure insolence of Italian ingredients. With top notes of the exuberant freshness of Calabrian bergamot enhanced with Alba truffle, the irreverence of Amalfi orange blossom touched by wild strawberry in the heart and the captivating sensuality of Cedar woods and amber in the base notes. This fragrance truly embodies the irreverent aura of Valentina.
Retail Price : 100ml – unavailable
5. Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum
Like the cut of a dress, this fragrance is shaped with all of Guerlains’ finesse. Its simple signature enhances and romances several exceptional materials in a bold overdose. Black cherry blinks the first wink. Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire is illustrated by a clever blend that extends exquisite almond and delicious berries. The second wink takes place as rose enters the stage. Finally, the shadowy temptations of licorice and smoky black tea reveal more of me and lead to irresistible seduction. For the ultimate temptation, the entire creation is wrapped in Guerlinade. Fresh, enigmatic and exhilarating… Mischievous and captivating… it is the warm spark beneath the sweetness.
Retail Price : 50ml – R 1010.00 and 100ml – R 1430.00
Available at selected Edgars / Red Square, Truworths, Woolworths, Stuttafords and Foschini stores and selected pharmacies.
Photo credits: StyleSociety
Congrats you’ve found the secret password to our StyleHunt.
You might also like...
- PREVAGE | Anti-aging + Intensive Repair Daily Serum Anti Aging Skincare
- Haute Tune | Lykke Li – I Follow Rivers (The Magician Remix) Cafe Couture
- PREVAGE | Clinical Lash + Brown Enhancing Serum Anti Aging Skincare
- Street Chic | Celine Chunky Gold ID Necklace Editor's Picks
- Haute Nail Trends | Pointy Stiletto Nails Beauty Blog
- Protected: StyleHunt | WIN a R1000 TOPSHOP Fashion Voucher Fashion Blog
- Protected: StyleHunt | WIN a GlamPalm Hair Styler worth R1899 Beauty Blog
- Latest Trend | Fashion Warrior in Knee High Gladiators Editor's Picks
- WIN | OptiPhi Facial Cleanser + Protect The Canvas Suncreen Beauty Blog
- CLICK NOW TO HUNT | StyleHunt Fashion
- "I miss my mama face" Instagram
- Nice surprise to come home to… My @StyleSocietySA Pop up feature in the latest Women&Home mag Instagram
- Wow that flight took forever but at least I had comfort and quality sound… Instagram
- Loving my new babies #ChristianLouboutin #Pigalle #PigalleSpikes #Ootd Instagram
- True Story!! Instagram