In last minute preps for our Online Fashion Party we decided to throw a fabulous party for ourselves and a High Tea at that. It was such a lovely day and we are so glad that you all shared it with us. The feedback has been amazing and since so many readers asked where all the tasty treats came from and showered Kumari with compliments for her amazing tasteful decor, we thought we’d share some of this info with you. Hopefully this post will inspire you to host a spontaneous and fashionable High Tea too.
11:00 – So in a manic rush through Willowbridge Mall, we dashed around to find some great sweet treats, and Casa had some tasty delights that we just had to have. The kind lady at Casa was so amazing when we explained we needed the prettiest Lindt chocolate mousse’ and fluffiest lemon meringues because it was all going to be “instagrammed”, so she put them in cardboard boxes but didn’t fully close them for fear of squishing them.
11:30 – It was so obvious where to buy tasty savouries from, Woolworths of course. Not to mention that the Willowbridge Woolworths also has a great decor section where we found this stunning Linen blend tablecloth in our all time favourite Damask. Now we know our party was a day after Valentines day so our obvious choice (only choice rather) was to buy some roses (which again from Woolworths lasts amazingly long), but because we love being original we didn’t buy the red ones.
12:45 - After getting back to the office we went around Kumari’s kitchen, rediscovering what’s all in there to just find some of Kumari’s favourites, like Diana Carmichael, Le Creuset and Royal Doulton. We also found a stash of gold serviettes and gold candles to match. Even though white is a classic, colour and metallics are just more exciting and happy so we didn’t feel so bad for being a little too decadent, after all, it’s a fashion and lifestyle event.
13:30 – Even though there was a lot of mismatched colours and designs we thought OTT is always a good look but only if it’s organised, so remember when setting up that ‘the menu’ should lead your guests so they are continuously free flowing and not all huddled at the same spot for sweet, savoury and drinks.
14:00 – Now we know we didn’t actually cook anything but there were still loads of prep work to be done, so while the quiche was in oven we made the salads, laid out the cheese and crackers, placed the chicken and fish cakes on a bed of colour, washed the juicy strawberries and well the list goes on.
15:00 – And because it was the
day after Valentines first of many more Online Parties to come, Kumari was kind enough to share some bubbly at StyleSociety HQ too!
Photo credits: StyleSociety & mindfood.com
You might also like...
- PREVAGE | Anti-aging + Intensive Repair Daily Serum Anti Aging Skincare
- Haute Tune | Lykke Li – I Follow Rivers (The Magician Remix) Cafe Couture
- PREVAGE | Clinical Lash + Brown Enhancing Serum Anti Aging Skincare
- Street Chic | Celine Chunky Gold ID Necklace Editor's Picks
- Haute Nail Trends | Pointy Stiletto Nails Beauty Blog
- Protected: StyleHunt | WIN a R1000 TOPSHOP Fashion Voucher Fashion Blog
- Protected: StyleHunt | WIN a GlamPalm Hair Styler worth R1899 Beauty Blog
- Latest Trend | Fashion Warrior in Knee High Gladiators Editor's Picks
- WIN | OptiPhi Facial Cleanser + Protect The Canvas Suncreen Beauty Blog
- CLICK NOW TO HUNT | StyleHunt Fashion
- "I miss my mama face" Instagram
- Nice surprise to come home to… My @StyleSocietySA Pop up feature in the latest Women&Home mag Instagram
- Wow that flight took forever but at least I had comfort and quality sound… Instagram
- Loving my new babies #ChristianLouboutin #Pigalle #PigalleSpikes #Ootd Instagram
- True Story!! Instagram