Thick vertical striped trousers are so haute right now, the latest monochrome fashion trend has flooded everywhere so we’re here to show you the key trend pieces sure to hit our Cape Town rails.
Some say these trousers are like flattering prison uniforms and others say it reminds them of beetle juice, either way it elongates your legs so it’s better than those horizontal stripes or what I like to call hoops but be warned if you try too hard with this garment you can easily look clown-like.
But don’t be afraid to wear it now, you can wear it how ever you like, it really does suit a lot of different styles, the one thing every look have in common is some attitude and confidence.
The Easy Look
Fashion blogger BrooklynBlonde1 wears it with black which may be the simplest way to pull off this piece, and the red lips ties it all together for a sleek, chic and modern night (and dare I say even day) outfit.
The Free Spirited Look
While this online store Black Milk Clothing has styled the vertical striped trousers for a Lana Del Rey look, the key pairing item for this look is something gothic, floral, oversized and a pair of boots, preferably a pair of Jeff Campbell’s.
The Fierce Look
Mizzlilongwe shows off her skinny legs in the striped jeggings, the bold tribal necklace and an oversized bun, they are just as loud as that fuchsia jacket but that’s why you can’t be timid with this look.
The Classic Look
Well I know this graphic look can look a little 80′s but see how FashionTower wears a pair of wide legged striped trousers with a crisp white button down for a classic and oh so elegant look. I just love the silent movie sort of drama of the swift long lines and hanging sleeves.
Share with us which is your favourite look and which one you would like to try out?
You might also like...
Can’t find the password for our StyleHunt? Here’s a clue on where to look! GO SEEK!!
- Haute Tune | Lykke Li – I Follow Rivers (The Magician Remix) Cafe Couture
- Protected: StyleHunt | WIN a R1000 TOPSHOP Fashion Voucher Fashion Blog
- Protected: StyleHunt | WIN a GlamPalm Hair Styler worth R1899 Beauty Blog
- WIN | OptiPhi Facial Cleanser + Protect The Canvas Suncreen Beauty Blog
- CLICK NOW TO HUNT | StyleHunt Fashion
- Street Style | Men tied in scarves Fashion Blog
- What up my homie? #stylesocietypugs Instagram
- Julio Bashmore – Au Seve Cafe Couture
- Woman&Home – How we’ve turned pop-ups into a success Pop up Boutique
- Karen Millen a perfect fit for Sandton City Fashion Blog