StyleSociety has a three-month contract opportunity for a Junior Personal Assistant to join our team. This is a three-month contract which has a potential for permanent employment for the right candidate who displays enthusiasm, initiative and passion for the work.
First and foremost, I should highlight that if you are keen to apply for this position, please make sure you tick all of the boxes before sending in an application. In other words, ‘no, chancers, please’.
Please bear in mind that this is not exclusively a fashion position, only candidates with strong creative, social, and organisational skills will be considered.
This post requires a candidate who is flexible and able to adjust to working within ‘personal and fashion’ environments.
Creative thinking and problem-solving are fundamental as we push the boundaries of fashion and creativity. If you’re up on all the latest trends, can work your way with a camera and spot a Chanel or Valentino from miles away, then this position is for you.
This is an opportunity to work alongside our Fashion Director, assisting in the branding, marketing and planning of our Pop-Up Boutique; and, for the editorially savvy, contributing to our online magazine and engaging and helping with StyleSociety’s social media.
You should be an excellent writer, with extensive knowledge of The Web and social media marketing, and be able to assist the brand in getting much-needed visibility.
You will be required to assist with all fashion-related projects, pop-up boutiques and represent the brand at major fashion events! But also be prepared to make tea and fetch laundry! It is not always glamorous, so you must be committed to work! If you’re not an animal lover, please do not apply!
Junior Personal Assistant
A bubbly, tenacious, well-groomed, excellent communicator with a positive disposition and strong work ethic, is required for a flexible home-based office environment in the Cape Winelands.
– Excellent fluency in written and spoken English
– Organised, with an ability to meet deadlines, with high standards of quality
– Ability to manage small and medium-sized projects, with appropriate support
– Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
– Willingness to work with a rapidly-changing set of priorities
– Strong creative and strategic thinking skills
– Maintaining confidentiality on all projects
– Assist in the development of strategies
– Build online/offline awareness and engagement
– Enthusiastic, proactive with a ‘can-do’ attitude
– Researching and assisting with editorial content
– Producing original photography for content
– Social Media Strategy and evergreen content creation
– Must be available out of office hours as and when required !!!
– Practical time management skills with highly accurate data capturing skills
– Exceptional organisational skills, with strong attention to detail
– Ability to manage own workload, with some supervision
– Extensive diary management
– Organising extensive international travel
– Minute taking and general office duties
– Finance administration tasks (training provided)
– Drivers licence and own reliable transport
– Animal lover
The working hours are 10.30am to 16.30pm – Mondays to Fridays.
In your application, please include:
A letter describing your marketing experience and why you want to work at StyleSociety, as well as a headshot photo
Relevant writing examples
Your ideal work schedule
Applications can be sent directly to:
Please Note: Applications for this position is now CLOSED. We will contact all shortlisted candidates to arrange interviews.
Due to the volume of applications received – only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
image credit: © CanStock